A formidable line up of ten international and local expert speakers will deliver
presentations on highly relevant issues in the world of Halaal at Gallagher Estate on Monday
20/07/09. The conference fee, set at an affordable R1500 or US$150 is tailored for the
industry, theologians, professionals, academicians, students, government agencies, importers and
exporters and hosted concurrently with the Continentīs largest trade exhibition, Africa
The topic and speakers are;
- Understanding Islamic Dietary Concept: Dr Mazhar Hoosaini from America, President
American Halal Foundation & Author.
- The Middle East & The Obstacles on the road of Halaal services: Dr. Hani Mansour Al-
Mazeedi of Kuwait, a scientist with 29 years experience in food safety and Halaal food
- Community Radio Stations - The Synergy Factor on the Protection, Presentation and
Promotion of Halaal: Ml Sulaiman Rawat,South Africa.
- Islamic Finance & Halaal Products - The Convergence: Dr. Aznan Bin Hasan of Malaysia,
Shariah advisor, Bank Negara, Malaysia, banking expert, professor & author.
- Poultry for the Rainbow Nation - A Case Study: By Mr. Kevin Lovell from South Africa,
CEO of the South African Poultry Association.
- Franchising - A Holistic Approach for Future Business: by Famous Brands from South
- From Player to Prayer: Ml. M.S. Navlakhi, South Africa, Theological Director - SANHA
& Executive Member - World Halal Council (WHC).
- OLA Milky Lanes Sweet Success: Mr. Craig MacKenzie, South Africa, Managing Director
Retail Solutions South Africa.
- Science & Technology – Natural Allies to Halaal: Dr. Naushaad Emambux from South
Africa, Lecturer at Department of Food Science University of Pretoria.
- Global Economic Crisis & the Wisdom of Shariah (Islamic Law): Mr. Ahmed Moola, South
Africa, Managing Director of ABSA Islamic Banking
For bookings, http://www.sanha.org.za/ab7cover.php
Platinum: ABSA Islamic Banking | Silver: Famous Brands (Steers, Debonairs,